We are less than one week away from Christmas! Each year I stumble upon some neat homemade gift ideas from bloggers, companies, magazines, etc. and I thought this year I would take some time to share some of these great finds with you in case you have a few people (or a lot) left on your list. You might also want to bookmark any ideas you like and use them as inspiration throughout the rest of the year!
- Wine Charmers: Aside from a holiday gift, these would make wonderful hostess/host gifts, or favors for a bridal shower (I made these as a bridal shower favor I co-hosted for my friend a few years ago). Visit the jewelry section of your craft store to pick up small wire earrings, needle-nosed pliers (if you don’t own a pair), and any beads/charms you want to add.
- Scrabble (or “Words with Friends”) Coasters: Know any word buffs, or people who are glued to Words with Friends on their smart phones? These scrabble coasters are frugal, simple, and very unique.
- Grill Rubs: Anyone who grills or who loves to cook would love these homemade grill rubs. If you’re not interested in making these for a gift, the recipes are something you might want to bookmark for the next time you are looking for a meat rub.
- Gourmet Popcorn: I rarely have a craving for popcorn. However, over the last year I’ve noticed that making homemade gourmet popcorn with surprising ingredients is pretty trendy right now, and some of the recipes sound great! You could purchase tins from a craft store (or use paper bags, or holiday tins from years past that you’ve saved), and fill them with Rum Raisin Popcorn, Parmesan and Pecorino Popcorn, or some Zippy Italian Popcorn. The options appear to be endless (before this year I thought there were only two varieties: buttered or caramel).
- Chocolate covered Pretzel Sticks/Pretzels: I have never been a fan of dried, hard pretzels. But if you add some chocolate and other candies onto the bottom of them you can count me in. You can purchase neat containers at a craft store to showcase your work.
- Mason Jar Soap Holder: I may really be showing my roots now, but when I came across this photo of a homemade mason jar soap holder, I was just elated. I am gathering my own mason jars and dispensers because I want to make one for our kitchen sink and for each of our bathrooms! If they come out well, I’ll be making them for my family.
- Homemade Chocolate Truffles: Paul and I threw a Christmas party this past weekend and for a small favor I made each guest these amazing chocolate truffles that I found in a random advertisement of a Home Made Simple magazine a year ago. Amazingly enough, I forgot to hand them out at the end because I stored each of the tins in our vegetable bin and it completely slipped my mind.
Have you made any homemade gifts this year? I would love to hear about them in the comments section.
Other Articles You May Enjoy: