What are the best date night gift ideas for couples in your life? I’ll show you 31 date night ideas for the couples in your life (newlyweds, parents, and more).
I love that you’re looking for date night gift ideas for couples in your life – it’s such a fantastic way to show a couple that you care about their relationship.
In fact, buying gifts for couples is awesome for several reasons:
- Research shows that having consistent date nights for couples, newlyweds, and people who have been married for decades is super important.
- Buying a couple gift knocks two people off your gift list, instead of just one. Gotta love that!
- A couple’s gift shows a couple that you care about their relationship, which will certainly earn you brownie points.
I’ve got loads of ideas to make shopping for couples easier on you, broken down by shopping for parent couples, newlywed couples, date night gift ideas for him, and more.
You might even find a few date night gift ideas for you and your own partner in here!
12 Month Date Night Ideas to Gift Couples
Want to gift the couples in your life 12 entire months of date night ideas? That's what all of these gifts in this section will give them.
#1: Date Night Ideas – as the Gift
There are lots of great resources out there that detail great date night ideas, and you could give them as a gift.
- Gary Chapman’s 52 Uncommon Date Nights book
- Couple’s Bucket List – 100 Fresh Date Night Idea Cards for Couples
- Create this easy, and inexpensive date night jar, with 75 ideas for date nights for them to choose from! Here’s another free date night jar printable you can print out and create for them.
- Surprise Date Challenge: Have you heard of The Surprise Date Challenge? It's a quickly-growing trend for married couples (and any couples) who want to keep the spice in their relationship. You commit to planning one SURPRISE date for your partner each month. You put it in the calendar, and several hours before it's supposed to start, you tell them what to wear, where to meet you, etc. So fun! Here’s a book that helps you with planning one surprise date monthly.
#2: Date Night Care Package
Have you heard of The Dating Divas? They’re a group of gals who love helping marriages stay alive through consistent (FUN) date nights.
One of the coolest things about their website is all their FREE date night ideas with printables for couples.
When my sister was getting married, as one of her bridal shower gifts, I downloaded a bunch of the dating printables, printed them out in full-color at the office store, and wrapped a bow around them. These were no-prep date nights (since I already had gone ahead and printed them out for the new couple). Such a fun idea!
Let me curate a few of my favorites to include in your date night gift ideas for couples:
- 20 Questions for Couples
- Chocolate Tasting
- Power Outage Date
- Spouse Scattergories
- After-Dark Scavenger Hunt
- Moonlight Picnic
- Free date night printables
Date Night Gift Basket for Newlyweds and Date Night Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
Know a pair of newlyweds? I’ve got some fun ideas to stick in a date night gift basket for any newlyweds in your life.
#1: Date Night Ideas Cards – Filled in by Friends and Family
This is something that you could do if you know the new bride and new groom well – even better if you’re part of their wedding party.
Grab a deck of these date night ideas cards, then get their friends and family to fill in their favorite date nights they’ve had as ideas for your newlywed couple to sift through over the coming years.
And if your friends aren’t married yet? You could have everyone fill these out at a bridal shower, collect them, and gift them later in the year. What an awesome way to extend their wedding season!
#2: Honeymoon-Themed Item
Where did your newlywed couple honeymoon at? Or, where did they WANT to honeymoon at, but haven’t been able to go yet?
Psst: you might want to check out my article on how to save up for a honeymoon.
Choose an item or two to put into the newlywed gift basket with their honeymoon in mind.
Include things like:
- Recipe from the country/area
- Music CD from the country/area
- Travel book specifically about the country/area
- A list you make of the 30 must-see places where they want to honeymoon
- Snack food items from the country/area (you can check out any ethnic food markets you can find)
- Honeymoon scrapbook
#3: Marriage Advice Book
There are some incredibly helpful marriage advice books out there, and you could include one in your newlywed gift basket.
For example, you could try:
#4: Conversation Starters for Couples
These could be especially helpful, considering the couple in your life hasn’t been married for that long.
Here’s a few options (a couple are free you can print out on nice paper/in color!):
- TableTopics Couples Conversation Starters
- 20 Questions for Couples
- Our Moments – Couples Conversation Starters
- Free Printable Conversation Starters for Couples
#5: Couple’s Journal
What an amazing gift you could give to a couple with a couple’s journal – they can look back on it decades from now and remember so much about those early days in their marriage.
#6: Marriage Binder with Free Marriage Printables
You can create what I like to call a “Marriage Binder” for the couple in your life.
We've got one!
Take the time to buy a beautiful new binder, and print out the printables for a free online marriage course (you’ll need two sets for some of these so that you can both fill them out).
Date Night Gift Ideas for Parents
The parenting season of life is quite a hectic one. Not always, but a decent enough portion of time.
And one of the easiest things to cut out of daily and weekly life is dedicated time with your partner.
That’s why, as a parent of a 3.5-year-old, I commend you for wanting to gift date night ideas for the parents in your life. You’ll be helping them out, tremendously, by making it easy to say YES to date night!
#1: Date Night Box Subscriptions or One-Time Deliveries
Did you know you can actually just order one-off date boxes from a date box subscription company? Or, you can get several months – both options are available as gifts to a couple.
A date night box is a once-a-month date night box with everything a couple needs to have an at-home date night experience, sent straight to their door. And yes, it feels kind of like Christmas when you get to open the box and see what’s in store for you!
Here are a few specific, one-off date boxes you can order to be sent to a couple:
- Crated with Love: These one-time boxes include themes like The Honolulu Heist Date Box, Our Vegas Variety Show Date Night, and a Zombie Apocalypse Date Night. (Hint: go through my link, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the site and in the footer you'll see a link to “One-Time Boxes”).
- Date Night In: You can just choose one box for yourself or to gift to a couple.
Check out the date boxes my husband and I have personally reviewed here.
#2: Babysitting Coupon Book
Free babysitting so that the couple can *actually* go out on some dates? Ummmm…yes please!!
Create 1, 2, or a whole booklet of free babysitting coupons to give to your couple friend. Trust me, they will LOVE you for it.
#3: DIY Escape Room Basket
You can print out one of the free escape room printables below, put it in a manila envelope with a bow, and include it in a basket for a fun date night. In your basket you can put things like snack foods and anything else you think they might enjoy while going through the Escape Room date night together.
Free Printable escape rooms include:
- Free Escape Room Printables: I just love these! You’ll find audio files for the missions by downloading the free iPhone app or free android app, and you’ll need to get some materials together before your actual date night (like scissors, pens, single-sided printed copies of the free missions, etc.). Solve puzzles, decipher morse codes, and deactivate bombs – all while working together.
- Free Love Escape Room Printables: The Dating Divas have done it again, with their free printables to set up your own escape room in your home! (Hint: you might also want to check out their CSI: Love Edition free printables, which is kind of like an escape room).
Date Night Gifts for Him
Worried that either the man in your life, or the man in the couple relationship you’re buying for won’t go for the other ideas? This section is specifically dedicated to date night gift ideas for HIM – trust me, these should get him excited enough to want to participate.
#1: Date Night Escape Room in a Box
Did you know that you can gift the experience of an escape room…without splurging for two tickets to get a couple into one?
There are several escape-rooms-in-a-box available that would make for a thrilling date night.
- Escape Room in a Box: The Werewolf Experiment
- ThinkFun Escape the Room Secret of Dr. Gravely's Retreat
- Exit: The Abandoned Cabin
Which date night ideas for couples are you most excited about? I'd love to hear what you gifted a couple in the past — it could help give someone else an idea!
Latest posts by Amanda L Grossman (see all)
- 151+ Men's Stocking Stuffer Ideas, Under $10 (Bonus Under $5 Section) - December 2, 2019
- 5 Best Budget Apps for Couples 2019 (with Video Tutorials) - November 26, 2019
- How to Get Free Products to Review (Whether You Blog, or NOT) - November 25, 2019