Nothing but the best, cute Valentine’s day gifts for girlfriend will do? I've got you covered for girlfriends, new girlfriend, fiancee, etc. (all for under $20).
Chocolates, flowers, cards…isn’t there something else you can do this year for Valentine’s Day to show your girlfriend how much you care?
Yes – there are tons of cute Valentine’s Day gifts for girlfriends that go wayyyy beyond the “normal” ones.
Choose something from below, and you may just score some major brownie points this year. But first? Let me help you with picking the right gift by explaining what makes the best Valentine's Day Gift for your girlfriend.
What is the Best Valentine Gift for Girlfriend?
Ever wondered what makes the best Valentine Gift for a girlfriend?
As a woman, I'd like to give you my perspective on that.
The best Valentine's Day gift for a girlfriend is something that does at least one of the following:
- Shows her you find her so intriguing, that you want to get to know her even better
- Shows her you see a future with her
- Honors something from your couple's past
- Gives her a glimpse into how much she means to you
Notice how I didn't say it costs a certain amount of money? Because it doesn't have to. Cheap Valentine's Day gifts or expensive ones both fit the bill, so long as they help you communicate something important — the depth of your love, and the future you hope to have with her.
Use that as help to pick through the options below.
Cute Valentine’s Day Gifts for Girlfriends
You’re not just looking for the regular ol’ chocolate and flowers. You want CUTE Valentine’s Day Gifts for girlfriends. Well…you’ve come to the right place.
How cool — this exploding gift box has all kinds of places you can stash photos, moments, and relationship memorabilia for when your girlfriend opens it up! Way to show you've been paying attention.
Show her how much more you want to get to know her with this fun deck of cards.
Here's a beautiful deck of love bombs kindness cards for relationships.
Who says matching pajamas are only for Christmas? Valentine's Day is in a bitter-cold time of year as well, and some matching flannel pajamas will be appreciated.
Not ready for a ring? No worries — no need to rush into things.
Show your increasing loyalty and commitment with these matching magnetic bracelets. You wear one of these bracelets, and she wears the other.
You can keep a couple’s journal over the course of three years.
I did this with an old boyfriend, and it was a special thing – it was while we were in separate colleges, and we would trade the book each weekend we saw one another. What a cute way to both talk to each other AND to keep a history of your relationship!
10 Romantic Gift Ideas for Your Girlfriend
Looking for romantic gift ideas for your girlfriend? I’ve got you covered.
One of the most romantic gifts my husband and I gave each other was to purchase a piggy bank (actually, a cow-bank) on our honeymoon in Austria.
We dedicated all the change inside of it to future date nights and romantic notions.
Why don’t you do the same?
The next trip you take with your girlfriend, pick up a souvenir piggy bank (or, buy a date night piggy bank). Then, present it to her on Valentine’s Day, and tell her that all the change you two save in it will be cashed in for future, romantic date nights.
This is one of the most romantic things you could give someone — a fill-in-the-blank book that you fill out ALL about them and what you love about them.
3. Valentine's Day Dinner Date
Get everything you need to pull off a Valentine's Day dinner date at home here (free Valentine's Day printables).
Get a special date engraved with this keychain (maybe your first date, your first kiss, engagement, etc.).
I actually have this exact one. Not only is it great for catching ideas, but it also is fun to send little love and inspirational notes back and forth between the two of you.
Let me tell you how a few people on my own list are getting this really cool essential oil diffuser for holidays throughout this year! I’m even ordering one for myself. What would make this romantic? Well, add in an essential oil that is known to be an aphrodisiac.
Grab a set of magnetic poetry (you might have an old way laying around!), and leave a love message or poem for your beau on their mirror.
Here is your go-to for couple’s massage tutorials and tips. I’m a member of this guy's email list, and created an entire date night around his massaging techniques.(Hint: he sells an almond massage oil called Melt – the only ingredients are almonds – and I bought us a set to use on our couple’s massage date night!).
Have the two of you figured out your love languages yet? Here's the book on it (with a quiz you each can take in the back — my husband and I did, and we found out a lot about each other!), and here's a deck of love language cards.
10. Create a Giant Heart of Love Post-It Notes
Get these free printable post-it-notes templates and plaster your girlfriend's mirror or other area with a bunch of reasons why you love her. Cheap, and effective!
Valentine's Day Gifts when Broke
So, what are you supposed to do when you want to show your love to your significant other on Valentine’s Day through a gift…but you’re broke?
When you're broke, your best currency is time. Because you have more time than money, you especially want to make sure you spend time and energy on the gifts that you give.
I’ve got you covered with several Valentine’s Day gift ideas for when you’re broke.
- Valentine's Day Dinner Date: Get everything you need to pull off a Valentine's Day dinner date at home here (free Valentine's Day printables).
- Free Printable Love Coupons: Get your set of free love coupons, print them out, and stash them in a card to gift to your honey.
- Create a Giant Heart of Love Post-It Notes: Get these free printable post-it-notes templates and plaster your girlfriend's mirror or other area with a bunch of reasons why you love her. Cheap, and effective!
- Free Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt Printables: You can set up a valentine's Day scavenger hunt for you girlfriend for very cheap, thanks to these free printables.
- Pack their Lunch with a Valentine's Surprise: Here are some snack printables that are Valentine's Day-themed. Pack her lunch for the day and send her off with a surprise during lunch!
- Showered In Love: I LOVE this inexpensive idea for creating a memorable evening for your loved one (hint: it involves filling a bath tub with balloons!). Here's your free printables.
Valentine's Day Gifts for New Girlfriend
Are you very early on in your relationship? Not to worry. I've got several Valentine's Day gifts ideas for your new girlfriend.
#1: I Wanna Know You Better Quiz Book: You both still have so much to learn about each other! Give her this gift, ask her to fill it out by a certain date, and then read through all of her answers (which can be great conversation starters on your next date!).
I hope you've enjoyed my list of cute Valentine's Day Gifts for girlfriends. Let me know what you come up with below — you might help someone else out!
Latest posts by Amanda L Grossman (see all)
- 11 No Spend Trackers to Use with Your No-Spend Challenge - February 8, 2021
- The No Spend Challenge Guide (How Do I Not Spend Money at All?) - February 1, 2021
- 17 No Spend Challenge Ideas (You Haven’t Tried Yet) - January 25, 2021