It’s been a week since I introduced the Pre-Holiday Purge Challenge, so I wanted to quickly update everyone with our progress.
My husband, Paul, is now heading up this challenge for our household. Having a partner to work on the details of this project could not come at a better time as I am spending most of my energy on secret, super-exciting projects for Frugal Confessions!
So far, Paul has listed $160 worth of items on both Craigslist and Half.com. He included a picture and a description for each item, and the total listing time took him 45 minutes to complete.
Here are the items that have been listed and preliminary prices:
- Mini-Fridge: Listed on Craigslist for $65
- Craftsman 6.0 lawn mower—needs work/a tune-up: Listed on Craigslist for $70
- Lost Season 4: Listed on Half.com for $10
- Laptop Bag: Listed on Craigslist for $15.00
- Central A/C Unit (can only be sold to a licensed A/C person): $250
The results? Well, not too exciting yet. On our way back from our free date at the zoo yesterday we stopped at a Half Price Books store and were able to offload 7 items for a total of $12.
It’s a start!
I also found another possible site to list our items for trade-in, though the outcome is an Amazon.com gift card and not cash.
How is your challenge going? Have you offloaded any items yet, or made any money?
Other Articles to Help You in this Challenge: